School discipline

Felicity Huffman arrives at federal court with her husband William H. Macy and her brother Moore Huffman Jr., back, for sentencing in a nationwide college admissions bribery scandal, Friday, Sept. 13, 2019, in Boston. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)
September 13, 2019 - 8:27 pm
BOSTON (AP) — The Latest on the sentencing of actress Felicity Huffman in the nationwide college admissions bribery scam (all times local): 4:05 p.m. "Desperate Housewives" star Felicity Huffman says she takes full responsibility for her role in the college admissions scandal and deserves her...
Read More
FILE - In this April 3, 2017 file photo, students walk past the "Great Dome" atop Building 10 on the Massachusetts Institute of Technology campus in Cambridge, Mass. MIT said Media Lab director Joi Ito resigned Saturday, Sept. 7, 2019, after reports he had a more extensive fundraising relationship with disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein than previously acknowledged. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa, File)
September 09, 2019 - 10:16 am
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Brown University has placed a fundraising director on administrative leave following a report that accused him of helping cover up disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein's connections to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Media Lab. Brown spokesman Brian Clark told The...
Read More
Rescatistas cargan un cadáver extraído de un centro de detención de los hutíes destruido por bombardeos encabezados por los saudíes, en la provincia de Dhamar, en el suroeste de Yemen, el domingo 1 de septiembre de 2019. (AP Foto/Hani Mohammed)
September 02, 2019 - 1:31 pm
SANAA, Yemen (AP) — Yemeni medics said on Monday they pulled dozens of bodies from the rubble of a Houthi rebel-run detention center that was hit a day earlier by Saudi-led coalition airstrikes, killing over 100 people and wounding dozens. The attack was one of the deadliest in more than four years...
Read More
Bodies lie on the ground after being recovered from under the rubble of a Houthi detention center destroyed by Saudi-led airstrikes, that killed at least 60 people and wounding several dozen according to officials and the rebels' health ministry, in Dhamar province, southwestern Yemen, Sunday, Sept. 1, 2019. The officials said the airstrikes took place Sunday and targeted a college in the city of Dhamar, which the Houthi rebels use as a detention center. The Saudi-led coalition said it had hit a Houthi military facility used as storages for drones and missiles in Dhamar. (AP Photo/Hani Mohammed)
September 01, 2019 - 1:19 pm
SANAA, Yemen (AP) — The Saudi-led coalition fighting in Yemen launched multiple airstrikes on Sunday against a detention center operated by the Houthi rebels in the southwestern province of Dhamar, killing at least 100 people and wounding dozens more, officials and the rebels' health ministry said...
Read More
FILE - This Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2017, file photo shows the Las Vegas skyline. Las Vegas is set to bid on nearly a half dozen different NCAA college championship events, including women’s basketball. The NCAA will start accepting bids Monday, Aug. 26, 2019, on nearly two dozen sports championships over all three divisions. (AP Photo/John Locher, File)
August 25, 2019 - 11:08 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Las Vegas is set to bid on nearly a half dozen different NCAA championship events, including women's basketball. The NCAA will start accepting bids Monday on nearly two dozen sports championships over all three divisions. This is the first year that Las Vegas is eligible to bid...
Read More
Former Wisconsin Badger football player Quintez Cephus, second from right, arrives at a press conference to reiterate his request for reinstatement to the university in Madison, Wis. Monday, Aug. 12, 2019. The former wide receiver was acquitted earlier this month of sexual assault charges stemming from a campus incident in his apartment. He was expelled from the university in March after the university's own internal investigation. A group of current team members were on hand to show support for Cephus at the event. (John Hart/Wisconsin State Journal via AP)
August 23, 2019 - 12:07 pm
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin wide receiver Quintez Cephus was declared eligible to play Friday, a year after he was suspended in the fallout from a sexual assault allegation that resulted in his acquittal by a jury at trial. Cephus was suspended from the team in August 2018 after prosecutors...
Read More
August 07, 2019 - 11:49 am
DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — In stories Aug. 4-5 about the deadly shootings in Dayton, Ohio, The Associated Press reported erroneously on the number of mass killings so far in 2019. The Dayton rampage marked the 23rd mass killing so far in 2019, leaving 131 people dead. A corrected version of the story is...
Read More
Mourners pause at a makeshift memorial for the slain and injured outside Ned Peppers bar in the Oregon District after a mass shooting that occurred early Sunday morning, Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2019, in Dayton. Facing pressure to take action after the latest mass shooting in the U.S., Ohio's Republican governor urged the GOP-led state Legislature Tuesday to pass laws requiring background checks for nearly all gun sales and allowing courts to restrict firearms access for people perceived as threats. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)
August 06, 2019 - 5:58 pm
DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — The gunman who killed nine people in Dayton, Ohio, had expressed a desire to commit a mass shooting and showed an interest in violent ideology, investigators said Tuesday as the FBI announced it is opening an investigation. Federal investigators will try to determine what...
Read More
The firearm used by the shooter Connor Betts, 22, is projected on a screen during a press conference Sunday, Aug. 4, 2019, about a mass shooting that left left multiple people dead and 26 injured along the 400 block of E. Fifth Street, in Dayton, Ohio. (Albert Cesare/The Cincinnati Enquirer via AP)
August 05, 2019 - 6:37 pm
DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — High school classmates of the gunman who killed nine people in Dayton, Ohio, say he was suspended years ago for compiling a "hit list" and a "rape list," and questioned how he could have been allowed to buy the military-style weapon used in this weekend's attack. The accounts...
Read More
Former Wisconsin football player Quintez Cephus testifies during his trial, Friday Aug. 2, 2019, in Madison, Wis. Cephus has told jurors that the two women he is accused of sexually assaulting wanted to have sex with him. (Ed Treleven/Wisconsin State Journal via AP)
August 02, 2019 - 2:51 pm
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A jury deliberated for just 30 minutes on Friday before it acquitted former University of Wisconsin wide receiver Quintez Cephus on charges alleging that he sexually assaulted two female students. Cephus, 21, was suspended from the football team last August and was expelled...
Read More

Pages